01/07/2009

Big Carp Attempt No.1 (Belmont Pool)

It's taken a while to get out of the traps, but here we are giving it the first go of the quest on an evening session at Cheshire carp venue, Belmont Pool, in Antrobus. It's a sticky dry evening with a few fish moving on the top.

In my wisdom, I've decided that using a different approach to tackle an established, pressured carp water is the way forward. No need for bolt rigs and boilies, it's liquidised bread; beefed up float tackle; 1.75lb tc rod and bread flake on a size 10. It looks like a great plan, with everyone else sitting behind the buzzer bars and getting no action at all and the fish already blowing on the bread in my swim.

Full of expectation, I sit and watch the chubby float bob, quiver and wobble....for 4 hours until it's time to pack up. No bites and I've fallen at the first. A big fat blank to start off, but at least noone else has had a run while I've been on the pool....

Off home to think again.

Mr Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment