03/10/2009

Big Perch - Attempt No 2 (Pickmere)

Blown off Pickmere

It's just not possible to pick my fishing days at the moment so even though I loathe fishing in the wind with a passion, it was off to Pickmere again today to brave 30mph winds, with complementary rain, for an afternoon/evening session. Back to the tree swims on the Sale Moor card to try to beat my Perch PB, which is only 1lb 4oz.

First cast nice Roach of 10oz, followed by a steady stream of smaller roach and perch to 8oz before the wind and rain became unbearable and I packed it in. The days of dogging it out when you're not enjoying it are gone for me and when the dog managed to hook himself on the feeder rig and bolt through the bushes I knew the gods were against me.

This whole specimen thing is proving quite a bit more challenging than I originally thought, with only one PB so far, let alone a true quality fish. More homework required on venues and the current train of thought is that I'll go for one PB target until it's broken, with a 1lb 4oz Perch sounding very makeable....

Mr Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment