04/11/2009

Big Pike - Attempt No 2 (Llyn Brenig)

Brenig Pike Festival - Day Two

After years of fairly dross results on Brenig, I think we may be on to something with the lures, despite the fact that I'm an 18 handicapper with bits of plastic for bait. We're getting plenty of knocks and follows and are doubling our usual daily total from a heady one fish to a stratospheric two fish a day!

Two pike landed today and, as usual, a couple of the greediest trout in Wales aswell, taking 6 inch Rapalas. I took the first of 13lbs on a Perch Rapala, which is a PB of sorts, being my biggest on Brenig. The best result of the day though was my work colleague catching his first ever fish, a nice pike of about 5 lbs, again on a Rapala. Understandably, I had to point out that mine could have eaten his but still a great first fish.

No threats to my pb of 16lbs 10 oz (I've also had my wife and brother catch 20lb and 21lbs 8 oz fish while having a day out on my boat on Bala Lake), but I'm confident we'll nail a decent fish here next year now we've more experience on the lures.

Mr Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment