07/02/2010

Big Grayling - Attempt No 1 (River Dee)

The new baby and moving house to Chester has put me out of action for a few months and I've trying to find the time to cram in a few river sessions before the end of the coarse season. The weather has been horrendous since November though, so I haven't missed out on too much. Time is very limited so no coarse fishing today and out comes the fly gear to try to catch a decent grayling. PB is not disastrous at 1lb 8oz, but all my fish have come on bait so far.

First go is on the higher reaches of the Dee and it's a shocking day - driving rain and then hail - lovely. Trying to fish czech nymphs for effectively the first time so more of a practice run really. Good job, as not a sausage for 3 hours and I've had enough of my nether regions freezing in the snow melt. Need to refine the tactics a bit - another blankety lank and back to the books...

Cheers

Mr Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment