10/01/2011

Big Fish Diaries - Preparation

Well it's 2011 and I only made it out once after my 3rd September 2010 Perch attempt, which was another day on the River Dee fishing in exactly the places which the articles I read said would not hold Perch at that time of year. The good news is that my research is spot on - I caught nowt in all those areas!!

Only two 6-8 oz perch and a micro jack pike of 5 inches, which I was very tempted to make an aquarium feature. Interestingly nothing at all came to hours of trolling/casting medium to large lures and only a switch to micro Rapalas to nylon produced anything.

Work (thankfully the property market has improved a bit so destitution has been staved off for a while); moving house again and the UKs newest ice age has just stopped me getting out there but has allowed some planning time. The new plan is chub and grayling till the end of the river season and then a switch to eels and maybe a go for a catfish on the Lymm card once it warms and they start to wake up.

I've had 4 PBs (Carp; Gudgeon; Rainbow Trout and Dace) and 7 blanks since starting this so it's not too bad but just need to nudge things along a bit now.

River Dee Sunday if levels are OK for I think my 6th grayling attempt. I think I'll start where I lost the King of the Grayling last year...

Cheers

Mr Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment